018  
NOUS41 KILN 161702  
PNSILN  
INZ050-058-059-066-073>075-080-KYZ089>100-OHZ026-034-035-042>046-  
051>056-060>065-070>074-077>082-088-170515-  
 
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH  
102 PM EDT TUE APR 16 2019  
   
..FROST/FREEZE HEADLINE INFORMATION
 
 
 
A TEMPERATURE OF 32 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN RECORDED  
AS LATE AS MAY 25TH IN CINCINNATI, MAY 16TH AT COLUMBUS AND MAY  
21ST AT DAYTON. HOWEVER, ELEMENTS SUCH AS TOPOGRAPHY, URBAN OR  
RURAL SETTING AND PLACEMENT OF THE RECORDING INSTRUMENT CAN CREATE  
WIDE VARIATIONS IN TEMPERATURES ACROSS AN AREA.  
 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TEMPERATURES ARE OFFICIALLY TAKEN AT AN  
ELEVATION OF FIVE FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, BUT THE TEMPERATURE AT  
GROUND LEVEL MAY BE COLDER. ON TYPICAL SPRING NIGHTS WHEN FROST  
OCCURS, THE TEMPERATURES AT THE FIVE FOOT LEVEL MAY READ 36 DEGREES  
WHILE AT GROUND LEVEL IT IS ACTUALLY THE 32 DEGREES NEEDED TO FORM  
FROST.  
 
THE FOLLOWING REFERENCE TABLE WILL GIVE AN IDEA AS TO WHEN THE LAST  
FREEZING TEMPERATURES MIGHT OCCUR, BASED ON THE LAST 30 YEARS OF  
CLIMATOLOGICAL DATA (1981 TO 2010) AT EACH OF THE LISTED LOCATIONS.  
 
 
LOCATION AVG DATE LAST 32F IN ONE LAST 32F IN NINE  
LAST 32F YEAR OUT OF TEN YEARS OUT OF TEN  
IN SPRING (10% PROBABILITY) (90% PROBABILITY)  
 
..SOUTHWEST OHIO  
CINCINNATI (KLUK) APR 17 APR 3 MAY 1  
HAMILTON (KHAO) APR 19 APR 4 MAY 4  
MILFORD APR 20 APR 4 MAY 4  
WILMINGTON APR 20 APR 5 MAY 4  
 
..CENTRAL OHIO  
CIRCLEVILLE APR 21 APR 6 MAY 5  
COLUMBUS (KCMH) APR 16 APR 1 MAY 1  
DELAWARE APR 25 APR 11 MAY 9  
LANCASTER APR 19 APR 5 MAY 6  
LOGAN MAY 2 APR 19 MAY 18  
LONDON APR 27 APR 14 MAY 9  
MARYSVILLE APR 19 APR 4 MAY 4  
NEWARK APR 28 APR 16 MAY 14  
WASHINGTON CH APR 18 APR 4 MAY 3  
 
..MIAMI VALLEY  
BELLEFONTAINE APR 25 APR 10 MAY 11  
CELINA APR 22 APR 8 MAY 6  
DAYTON (KDAY) APR 19 APR 5 MAY 3  
EATON APR 22 APR 9 MAY 6  
GREENVILLE APR 23 APR 9 MAY 7  
KENTON APR 23 APR 9 MAY 8  
SPRINGFIELD APR 25 APR 12 MAY 9  
XENIA APR 17 APR 2 MAY 2  
 
..SOUTH CENTRAL OHIO  
CHILLICOTHE APR 21 APR 7 MAY 6  
HILLSBORO APR 17 APR 3 MAY 1  
PORTSMOUTH APR 17 APR 1 MAY 4  
 
..KENTUCKY  
CARROLLTON APR 16 MAR 31 MAY 3  
COVINGTON (KCVG) APR 16 APR 2 MAY 2  
FALMOUTH APR 21 APR 5 MAY 8  
MAYSVILLE APR 18 APR 4 MAY 1  
WARSAW APR 23 APR 7 MAY 8  
WILLIAMSTON APR 14 MAR 29 APR 30  
 
..INDIANA  
BROOKVILLE APR 21 APR 7 MAY 5  
MILAN APR 28 APR 13 MAY 16  
RICHMOND APR 23 APR 9 MAY 8  
VEVAY APR 15 MAR 31 APR 30  
 
FROST/FREEZE HEADLINES HAVE BEEN INITIATED FOR ALL OF THE WILMINGTON,  
OHIO FORECAST AREA.  
 
 

 
 
CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS BULLETINS.

The Nexlab OH Page
The Nexlab IN Page
The Nexlab KY Page Main Text Page